FELLOWSHIP AT SAINT LUKE’S
Strength is what we are to each other. A wide range of Parish Life activities help us expand our personal connections and celebrate our life together.
Caring Connections offers richer opportunities to bond and serve.
The mission of Parish Life is to build a strong and supportive community by providing everyone in our Saint Luke’s with the opportunity to come together in fun and fellowship. Parish Life hosts a variety of events throughout the year to appeal to everyone in the parish. From young to old, we care for one another as we journey toward a deeper relationship with God. For more information, email us at email@example.com.
- Advent Wreath Making – The first Sunday of Advent we gather in the Parish Hall after the 10 am service, during the traditional coffee hour, to make Advent wreaths.
- Blessing of the Animals – This is held close to Saint Francis Day and all parishioners are invited to bring their animals (live or stuffed) to church and the clergy will bless them. This is held outside on the front lawn or in the AYCC.
- Block Parties – This is a progressive party that provides a chance to better get to know fellow parishioners. The evening begins with a large reception at the AYCC. Afterward everyone breaks up and heads to the homes of host parishioners for dinner and dessert.
- Children’s Carol Sing – Parishioners with young families come to sing Christmas carols around the organ and celebrate afterward with a family dinner and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Kick-Off Parish Picnic in September – Offered on the first Sunday after Labor Day, this is an opportunity for us to break bread together to start the new program year.
- Lessons and Carols – During the season of Advent, we celebrate with a candlelight service of lessons and carols in the church on a late Sunday afternoon, followed by a champagne reception in the Parish Hall.
- Pentecost Picnic – The Men’s Group, along with the Ushers, host an outdoor barbeque and children’s games to celebrate the Holy Spirit.
- Senior Luncheons – Luncheon for the seniors in our parish is offered in both the spring and fall and includes entertainment – either a singing group, our junior choir, or this year a Magician is coming.
Caring Connections is the collection of lay ministries that focus on creating God’s Kingdom on Earth by caring for one another, both in practical and spiritual ways. Passionate volunteers use their time and talents as they walk in His name. Contact Revered Susan Wyper to join any of these ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Altar Flower Delivery Ministry – Team provides weekly delivery of beautiful arrangements of altar flowers to fellow parishioners.
- Card Ministry – Sends birthday cards to senior parishioners.
- Pastoral Care Ministries – Small group meets every other week with clergy to help connect ministries with those in need.
- Guild of Saint Martha for Funeral Receptions – Hosts funeral receptions after Saint Luke’s funerals or memorial services.
- Knitting Ministry – Knitters create beautiful prayer shawls, blessed by the clergy, and given to people who are in need of comfort.
- Prayer & Ministry – Healing prayer, intercessory prayer, and the laying on of hands to bring comfort and peace.