HIRING NOW: DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Under the direction of the Rector, and directly supervised by the Director of Stewardship & Membership Engagement, the Director of Communications will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of internal and external communication for Saint Luke’s Parish, including the website, weekly emails, social media, print mailings, video, and other media. This staff member must be creative, organized, and able to thrive in a collaborative environment. This position offers a creative opportunity to effectively communicate the mission, goals, and parish identity of Saint Luke’s, and to encourage parishioners to deepen their engagement in worship and with the other ministries of the parish.
– Weekly emails. Prepare and send weekly email(s) from Saint Luke’s. Coordinate with program staff and volunteers for content. Review items and layout with the Rector.
– Website. Maintain and develop parish website as strategic tool for engagement with parishioners and newcomers. Work with program staff to ensure that website content is accurate and current. This includes updating plug-ins, troubleshooting, and maintaining pages with timely content.
– Social Media. Effectively utilize Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, podcasts, and other social media platforms to promote upcoming events, celebrate milestones, share faith stories, and engage with parishioners and friends online with a cohesive style.
– Printed Announcements, Mailers. Create and print weekly bulletin inserts. Oversee production of occasional mailings, supported by
– Worship Livestreams. Primary liaison with LocalLive live-stream provider. Schedule upcoming services, produce camera instructions and slides, and maintain plug-in on parish website. Download, edit, and share sermons on our podcast.
– Digital Content Creation. Guide and direct program staff and parishioner volunteers in creating content (videos, social media posts, etc.) for website and social media platforms.
– Strategic Innovation. Assess current communications platforms and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to make improvements in communication strategies.
– Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Publisher
– Constant Contact or equivalent email platform
– WordPress content management system
– iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Premiere video editing software
– Canva or equivalent design platform
Hours & Compensation
Part-time position, approximately 20-25 hours per week. Annual Salary of $30,000, paid bi-monthly. Medical and dental insurance not provided.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Maggie Domont, Director of Stewardship & Member Engagement (email@example.com) by February 1st, 2022.