Founded in 1855 by ten local families meeting in Ira Scofield’s home on the corner of Ring’s End and the Post Road, Saint Luke’s has grown to be one of the largest Episcopal churches in New England. We are hundreds of families, couples, and individuals. Some of us are originally from Fairfield County, while many have moved here from elsewhere. Some grew up Episcopalian, many grew up in other Christian traditions, and some are exploring Christianity for the first time. We are young and old, rich and poor, married, single and divorced, straight and gay, confident in our faith and full of questions. But the thing we share is a love of Jesus, and a desire to grow in love of God, neighbor, and self.
We are a parish of the Episcopal Church in Connecticut (ECCT), which includes nearly 54,000 Christians in 168 parishes and worshiping communities across our state. ECCT is one diocese within The Episcopal Church, which includes nearly two million Episcopalians in 110 dioceses across the United States and in 16 other countries. The Episcopal Church is part of a global fellowship of churches known as the Anglican Communion, which all trace their histories back to the Church of England and unite in mission around the Archbishop of Canterbury. As Anglicans, we are part of the third largest group of Christians in the world.
Saint Luke’s continues its witness and mission on the corner of Ring’s End and the Post Road, now with a campus spread over seven acres. We are blessed to share our home with two campus partners, the Saint Luke’s Parish School and Person-to-Person.