May the light of God surround you, the love of God enfold you, the power of God protect you, the presence of God watch over you. For wherever you are, God is!
Saint Luke’s Parish seeks to offer comfort, encouragement, and support during times of joy and times of sorrow. Our Caring Connections Ministries are listed below. Please contact Mary Craig, email@example.com, for support in your time of need.
- Altar Flower Delivery Ministry – Team provides weekly delivery of beautiful arrangements of altar flowers to fellow parishioners.
- Card Ministry – Sends birthday cards to senior parishioners.
- Friendly Visitors Ministry – Volunteers regularly provide company and companionship by visiting with parishioners.
- Caring Connectors – Small group meets every other week with clergy to help connect ministries with those in need.
- Guild of Saint Martha for Funeral Receptions – Hosts funeral receptions after Saint Luke’s funerals or memorial services.
- Knitting Ministry – Knitters create beautiful prayer shawls, blessed by the clergy, and given to people who are in need of comfort.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers – Volunteers bring the Eucharist to parishioners who are unable to attend worship
- Prayer & Ministry – Healing prayer, intercessory prayer, and the laying on of hands to bring comfort and peace.
The Episcopal Church understands that baptism confers full membership in the Church, including participation in Holy Communion. It is the sacrament by which God adopts us as his children and makes us members of Christ’s Body, the Church, and inheritors of the kingdom of God. Though baptism is an offering and celebration of the individual, it is supremely an event of the community. Candidates are sponsored by parents and godparents—or in the case of an adult, presented by a beloved friend or family member—and are surrounded and affirmed by the congregation. Accordingly, baptisms take place during public worship on appointed dates throughout the year.
All inquires may be made through the Parish office at 203-655-1456 or Cindy.Scam@saintlukesdarien.org.
The celebration and blessing of a marriage is a joyous occasion. We believe that God will be present as you approach the altar, exchange your promises and make your vows. The people and clergy of Saint Luke’s Parish are delighted that you are considering Saint Luke’s for this great occasion.
If you would like to discuss having your wedding at Saint Luke’s Parish, either in the Church or the Chapel, please call the Parish office at 203-655-1456 or Cindy.Scam@saintlukesdarien.org.
Christian burial is a sacred liturgy in which we give thanks to God for the gift of life itself, for the life of someone we have known and loved, and for the hope of resurrection given to us in Baptism. Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we, too, shall be raised.
Clergy are available for pastoral support and planning burial or funeral arrangements. Those who wish to memorialize a loved one may make a contribution to the Book of Remembrance, Sunday Altar Flowers or the Holiday Music Program. Ashes of parishioners may be interred in the Saint Luke’s Columbarium.
For more information or upon a death, please call the parish office immediately at 203-655-1456 or email Cindy.Scam@saintlukesdarien.org so that we may be of help and support.